Skip to content

DIY Roman Shades for the Kitchen

It was a low-key weekend at the Sibiga house, which means we only made one trip to Home Depot instead of our usual two or three.

But as far as major projects go, our only project this weekend consisted of finishing and mounting our DIY roman shades for the kitchen windows.

I chose the floral swatch from U-Fab because it has all the wheats, grays, greens, blues, and browns we were looking for to tie together our downstairs living area.

I was reluctant to use a floral pattern because I feel like some florals tend to look dated quickly, but my mom encouraged me to go with this particular fabric since it has a more contemporary, loose design.

And, since one of the roman shades would be installed on the 5’ x 5’ picture window, we realized a pattern with a smaller design would get lost on the expanse of that space. So we decided to go big and bold with the floral fabric. Window β€œart” if you will.

Here are a few before and afters with the new roman shades:

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Newsvine
  • RSS
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter

Comments

There are no comments on this entry.

Trackbacks

There are no trackbacks on this entry.

Add a Comment

Required

Required

Optional